Monday, May 2, 2011

Warning! A very long post!


Wow, it's been busy here!
Did you all have a nice Easter?
We had a lovely Easter,
made extra lovely because my dear friend
Jas and her family
came down and spent Good Friday and
Easter Sunday with us!
We had a great time with them, getting to know
the R. family.  :)
Um, the few pics I took are terrible,
so I won't show them.
Just a tad on the embarrassing side.
We are looking forward to seeing them
again soon!

On the other hand,
here are some beautiful photos
of a wedding.
Yes.
The Royal Wedding
of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
I really liked Kate's dress,
although it was missing the 'wow' factor.
Don't get me wrong.
I loved it's simplicity,
 and lace sleeves and everything.
But something was missing,
but I don't know what, exactly.


Isn't she lovely?




I really liked the outfit
Kate's mum wore to the wedding.
I think it was really beautiful.
I couldn't believe that
Queen Elizabeth wore
rubber-ducky yellow!
Even James said that the yellow clashed
with everyone else in the room!
But she does always look like a lady. :)





I love a Royal Wedding!

I dropped my camera earlier this year,
and I thought that I'd killed it!
But we sent it away to be fixed,
 and my little red camera is back! 
So I *tried* to have a little photo shoot
of Chloe in Mum's room,
and these are a few of the many photos I took.
Not many turned out, though.
It is pretty difficult to photograph
a squirming toddler...

I love this photo!


Oh.my.goodness. 
This guy is amazing!
Have I ever mentioned that I love the music from
Pirates of the Caribbean?
Well, I do.
I believe this piece is
"He's A Pirate".

I borrowed a Disney CD from the library,
and this song was on it.
"Femininity".
It is hilarious!
Laura and I were in hysterics as we listened to it!!
You may not like me for this,
because it is catchy.
Very.
In fact, it is down right embarrassing
when you realize that you are singing down the street.
But, because I am embarrassing myself,
there is no reason why you shouldn't
embarrass yourself.
So, here it is!


"FEMININITY"


~~~~~~~~~~
You must walk feminine
Talk feminine
Smile and beguile feminine
Utilize your femininity
That's what every girl should know, if she wants to catch a beau

Dance feminine
Glance feminine
Act shy and sigh feminine
Compliment his masculinity
That's what every girl should know, if she wants to catch a beau

Let him do the talking
Med adore good listeners
Laugh, but not too loudly (Ha ha)
If he should choose to tell a joke
Be radiant, but delicate
Memorize the rules of etiquette
Be demure, sweet and pure
Hide the real you

You must look feminine
Dress feminine
You're at your best feminine
Emphasize your femininity
That's what every girl should know
Femininity, femininity
That's the way to catch a beau

~~~~~~~~

James and I climbed Mt. Montgomery
with our youth group last Saturday,
and it was the most dramatic youth meeting
I've ever been to.
After climbing for 45 mins to the top,
we had a short devotion and prayer.
No sooner had we said "Amen",
then a friend promptly fainted!
She had failed to drink any water,
so we think that is why she passed out.
She was OK after 5 minutes or so,
but E. totally managed to
freak us all out big time.
Then shortly after starting back down the mountain,
one girl slipped and started running down really fast!
Anyway, the end result was a twisted ankle,
and the walk down barely begun.
And the last injury was one of the leaders
having a bull rush stuck right up his nose!
Ouch!
So it was a very eventful day.
I knew there was a reason why
hiking is not a hobby of mine...


Well, I am sorry there aren't more
photos, Aunty Nae.
Will try to do better next time.
xox



1 comment:

  1. *applauds* great long post, Becky! I've got one to do for my blog...

    Wasn't the wedding lovely? We didn't get to see it all, only the tail end of it.

    Beautiful photos of Chloe, Bek! You really are a great photographer.

    Woah! o.O That guy on the piano was awesome!! Wish I had sheet music for pirates like -that-!

    *chuckles* I don't think I agree with all those lyrics! But you're right, it is funny.

    Glad you had a good time at Youth Group! (Even if a couple of others didn't...) Since you don't like hiking, we won't take you to climb Baybuck mountain here. :D

    See you sooooon! xox

    ReplyDelete